Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch

























Today we went to the Pumpkin Patch. I use the words loosely as there isn't a "patch" of anything green or anything remotely resembling what I remember a pumpkin patch to be as a kid. I grew up in the Midwest so adjusting my expectations of reliving any treasured childhood memories must be rehashed and given a new look, which really now consists of dust, cactus, mountains and a temperature over 80 degrees no matter what the month. All that aside, once I got past the look of things, I really enjoyed myself and tried to appreciate the uniqueness of the desert.
Alexa was super excited. The first thing we did was go visit the small animals. She really loves animals so this was fun. Then we took a hayride to the "pumpkin patch". Alexa collected hay from the trailer and saved it to feed the horses. She's thoughtful this way and is always thinking about taking care of the animals. We picked out our pumpkins then headed back to the maze. The highlight was the horse ride at the end. We thought she would ride a pony but they came out with "Goldie". She hesitated for about 5 seconds then up she went. We were so proud of our big girl. Her first horse ride. She looked like a natural and was very relaxed. I love the last picture of her!








1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Looks like it was a GREAT day!!!! Alexa lloks very natural on the horse.

Jen