Here are the rules: I am supposed to describe myself in 6 words. I've been tagged by Jen over at KatieMinMin. Jen, Dan and their beautiful daughter Katie were in our adoption group. We traveled through China together and keep in touch via our blogs and reunions.
1. Blessed I am truly blessed for so many things in my life : a solid marriage and husband, a healthy and amazing daughter, fantastic and supportive parents, good friends, a home that is surrounded by nature and scenery that I never take for granted, and the luxury of being able to stay home with my daughter.
2. Loyal I am very loyal to the people I love. I can keep a secret and I've got your back.
3. Sweet Other people over my life have always called me sweet and I guess I would consider myself so. I am nice to strangers and love animals. I like old people and believe in the goodness of my fellow man. I'm the girl that strangers ask for directions, lost children come up to me in the mall, and I'll let you get in front of me on the road or in the grocery store. I believe in Karma and paying it forward!
4. Organized Oh heavens, if it's not organized I'll freak out. I need it in my life, house and head. I don't do chaos!
5. Driven Give me a project or a goal and I'm all over it. I will strive for perfection, obsess about the details and work hard until it is done right.
6. Evolving I recently turned 40 and have been looking at my life, where I've been and where I'm going. I think motherhood has made me more introspective, less private, more giving and less scared. I certainly laugh more, love deeper and worry less about the small things.
Robert and Alexa went out on a night walk last night. See that mountain on the right in the first photo? They hiked to the top of that. There is a road that goes up that the miners use ( yes, gold miners) and up they went in the very dark night ( thankfully there was a beautiful full moon). She had a great adventure. When they got home I looked in her backpack and she had her net, a water, her cellphone and a little pillow. Oh yes, and her wallet. That's my girl..always prepared!! ; )
Today we went to Pump It Up with our friends Jenna and Jay. We had never been before and the only thing Alexa would go on was the big slide. She did not want anything to do with the bouncers. Maybe next time. We had fun. Alexa mostly went down with me, once with Jenna and once by herself...super fast!!
Then she got pooped out ( we have been so crazy busy lately) and wanted to go home early. It was a fun playdate.
Alexa is doing awesome in her swimming lessons. She has 4 more lessons left and will have a new teacher ,Coach Matt, for the remainder. While she still doesn't "love" going under water she tolerates it and doesn't freak out any more. She has learned so much, I'm actually amazed at what they can teach her in such a short amount of time. I think (hope) by the end of the month she will be swimming on her own.
Today we got to watch dance class through the glass. I love seeing you learning new things and enjoying yourself. You make my heart sing. These are the moments I dreamed about. During the long, often painful road that led me to you, I would think about taking you to dance class, doing your hair, reading to you, all the simple things that now bring me such joy. Those dreams got me through the tough times. You are my dream come true.
Today we went over to our friend's house here in Tonto Hills. Gary and Sharon invited the gang over to hang out, eat and swim. We have a wonderful group that we get together with and they are like family. We love them! Alexa looking sassy. My little minnie-me.
Hanging poolside with the girls, Sharon, Tina, me and Alexa.
Bonding with Sharon.
Sitting with Scott.
She had so much fun in the pool with Sharon.
"Swimming with the mans." she said. We cracked up. She loves being in the action.
She had a blast. Thanks to all our friends who love our daughter...it means a lot to us to have you in her life and ours.
We love rain in the desert! Finally after like 80 days, we got our first Monsoon rain. Alexa thought it was fantastic too and ran inside to get her umbrella.
Of course she got soaking wet and that was the funnest part. We get pretty severe lighting so at one point Robert and I just looked at each other and Robert says.."Hmm, maybe she shouldn't be out there." Good idea.
When your dad is the Chief of the Volunteer Fire Dept., you have to be trained and ready at all times. 10-4
The desert is so beautiful when it rains and it smells wonderful.
Alexa: "Jay, you're being difficult." Jay: "Take it easy.
Alexa:" Boys" Jay:" Girls"
Today we had a playdate with Jay and mom Jenna. Jay and Alexa were in class last year and became buddies. The kids had soooo much fun. They played outside, had lunch, visited the tortoises and played in the playroom. It was a fun day. : )
I am a fortysomething mom of an amazing daughter that we adopted in 2006 from Hubei China. Alexa is 10 years old and lights up our lives everyday. I am married to my best friend, have 3 crazy dogs and love my life near the beach. We are soaking up life in CA in our new home and welcome you into our piece of paradise.