Sunday, October 5, 2008

Me and my girl


I realized the other day that I don't have many photos of Alexa and I together. I am always the one with the camera, therefore no shots of us. So today Robert was home and took a couple. It's not the greatest shot with the shadows and all, but captured a fun afternoon enjoying the gorgeous weather in the backyard. Our weather has finally turned a bit cooler and we went and bought some new flowers that we planted in some pots. Alexa picks out her own flowers and then plants them herself. She has always enjoyed gardening. Too bad Arizona is a bit limited in what you can grow. I would love to have a vegetable garden and tons of flowers but basically living on rock makes that impossible.
We are getting ready for the holidays and bought a few Halloween decorations to decorate outside. Alexa does not like any of the scary stuff at all. I don't blame her, some of that stuff is creepy. She said she wants to be a mermaid for Halloween. We don't Trick-or-Treat where we live. We have a outdoor party hosted by our Volunteer Fire Department and give the kids candy and cookout, then when it gets dark, the firemen take them on a scary ride through our neighborhood on the firetruck.
For Thanksgiving we'll go to my folks...who just bought a house in our neighborhood!!! We are really excited and are looking forward to having them much closer for the 7 months they live here. Their old house in AZ is about 45 minutes away and that was just too far for as much as we do together. Now Alexa can spend the night there and spend as much time as she wants with them. Robert and I even booked two nights in Vegas for December...yea!...thank you Mom and Dad....finally some adult activities ; )!!!! I'm psyched! Can you tell I need it????!!!!!!!!!! Party!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love the picture of you and Alexa.

That is so great that you parents moved so close.

Jen