Sunday, November 22, 2009

Up and running...literally!


We are over the hump! Finally...whew what a long week. Yesterday was day 9 after surgery and Alexa was mostly back to her old self. Her energy was up and her throat only seems to hurt sporadically. She is still having a few troubles eating but that is subsiding too each day. She lost a bit of weight which was something we did not want to happen but she certainly was not eating much all week so I think it was to be expected. Now, we need to fatten the girl up!
She is sleeping like a dream except when she wakes up 3 times in the night wanting the mama! When she was a baby she would wake up every night at 10:00, 12:00 and 3:00 and cry for me. Well, can you guess what is going on now...yep same schedule. She wakes up crying because her throat hurts and then I go in and comfort her and then back to bed she goes. Needless to say, I have not had much sleep in the past 9 days. I think once she is back to feeling 100% she will sleep even better. It is still so odd because she is so quiet when she is sleeping. This was our goal and it is really amazing.
So, now that she is on the mend it is time to focus on Thanksgiving...yikes only 4 days away! We certainly have a lot to be thankful for this year. : )

5 comments:

Jill said...

Oh Sue! I am glad to see her up and moving! And look at that smile on her face!
With Thanksgiving around the corner, this will be THE PERFECT week to fatten her up! And yes, so much to be thankful for!
Hope you get some restful sleep soon!
Jill
(BTW-my hubby and I love your yard, what kind of grass do you all have?)

Sue said...

Hi Jill.

We have artificial grass. We love it. It's always green and you never have to mow it! : )

Jboo said...

So glad to hear that she's doing so well! What a little sweetie-pie. I'm sure you relieved to have that over with!

Hope you get some better sleep soon too!

Janet

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear she's feeling better. that first week or so is hard. I'll never forget the breath either!
Take care!


Lisa V

Hannah said...

I am so glad she is feeling better. I hope you get some sleep soon!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!