Sunday, May 17, 2009

San Diego~Part 2

 we go to La Jolla and we find this cool beach were we took the photos above. Everything seems to be fine and we find this sushi place to have dinner. So we are sitting in the booth and Alexa is next to me and I notice a strange look on the Chief's face as he is looking at Alexa. I look at her and underneath her right eyelid is a swelling that looks like a fever blister that is literally growing as we sit there and look at her. I can't even believe this. Needless to say, dinner is over and we get the check. Our stress/worry level is already on high because of the fevers so this just adds to it. We rush to the car, drive to the nearest pharmacy ( the Chief's idea ) and then off we go to find the nearest Urgent Care Center. They are closing in 10 minutes and tell us to hurry up. So we finally find it and they are kind enough to see us. The doctor tells us it is some kind of reaction, listens to her lungs and heart and tells us she has a viral infection and to give her some Zryt*c which I have actually packed. So we get back to the hotel and do this and the swelling starts to go down. Then about 4 hours later, the nightmares and cold trembling starts again and sure enough 20 minutes later the 103 fever hits. There is nothing worse then being in a strange place, in a hotel at 2:00 a.m with your delusional feverish child ( she was telling me that I was dreaming of Spiderman) and just waiting it out until it stops. The sound of the ocean was the only calming factor in the room. So after a couple of hours of sleep the Chief and I decided we just wanted to get her back home. There was no point in staying since we knew we would only be hanging out in our hotel with our sick girl and no way was I going through another night like the previous two.
So at 6:30 a.m we packed up and got in the car and drove all the way home. Alexa had one more feverish, coughing night and then was pretty much back to normal yesterday and today other than the occasional cough and being tired.
So that was our long awaited, much anticipated vacation in San Diego. We were totally disappointed that we did not get to do all of the things that we had planned. We did enjoy the time that Alexa was feeling okay and managed to get some good memories captured.


Jboo said...

Oh my -- so glad to hear that she is ok! You're right -- there is nothing worse than having your child be sick when you're out of town!

You did get so many lovely photos and maybe you can put San Diego on your list for a visit another time.

Have a good week!


Georgea's Mommy said...

Make it stop!! She is so beautiful! These photos are so sweet they brought tears to my eyes. Glad you guys got some fun in before the sicky-bug came. Hope everyone's doing well!! XO

Jennifer said...

Well you got some great photos!!!

Poor Alexa! I guess she is feeling better by now.